Life is so busy and stressful sometimes, it's easy to get wrapped up in everything that's going on and forget to take a step back. Which then makes it easier to forget how lucky we are and how we should take the time to be thankful.
I'm a big culprit for getting wrapped up in what's important to me, and when I'm not working I'm quite selfish with my own time. Which I'm allowed to be but I do think it's healthy to take s step back every now and then, to stop worrying about what you haven't got or haven't done and appreciate what you do have.
So I've taken a few moments out of my life to stand back, write this blog post and be thankful for a few things.
So, what am I thankful for?
1) My lovely family - without them I wouldn't be who I am today
2) My friends - although I don't see them as much as I'd like, I know they're always there
3) My wonderful boyfriend - he makes me the happiest I've ever been
4) My job - providing me with money to do the things I want
5) My sight - sounds weird considering I wear glasses but I'm thankful for being able to see everything that I love
6) The fact that I've never had to attend a funeral - I know I will have to one day but I'm almost 21 and I haven't had to yet
7) The fact that I live in a safe area of my country - I'm lucky to have been born where I am
8) My access to a good education - I got good enough grades to get somewhere in life
9) Breathing fresh air - that's one no one ever thinks about
10) Laughter - I'm grateful no matter what happens I'll still have people around me to make me smile and laugh out loud
11) Clean water - some people fight and work hard for their water whereas I just turn on the tap
12) My ability to write - this was already covered in the education one, but I'm taking a special moment to be grateful for the fact that I know how to read and write and that I have access to paper and a pen. Writing is so important to me and brings me so much happiness.
What are you thankful for? Take a moment out of your life to be thankful for what you have. Make a mental or physical list, write a blog post or say it out loud to yourself. Just remember, we're all lucky to be here.