Welcome to my second day of blogmas! This post is all about the reasons I love winter. I don't know about you but my favourite time of the year has to be Autumn and Winter. Winter more than anything else. I love everything about it, and below I'll give you a few of the reasons why. Hope you enjoy.
1) Hot Chocolate - This had to be at the top of my list! Hot chocolate is my favourite warm drink (closely followed by coffee and tea of course) and there's nothing I love more than snuggling with a hot chocolate on a cold night. Don't get me wrong I still have a sneaky hot chocolate or two in the summer but it's much more enjoyable in the winter. I love to snuggle under a fluffy blanket and sip a hot chocolate filled to the brim with marshmallows. No whipped cream, just millions of marshmallows!
2) CHRISTMAS! Obviously. - Christmas is definitely my favourite holiday and as soon as my birthday has gone in September then all I'm thinking about is Christmas. It's such a magical time of the year and I love everything about it; the food, buying presents, opening my advent calendar and the snow if we ever get any in Suffolk!
3) Clothing - One of my favourite things about winter is being able to wear all my favourite items of clothing. Scarves, gloves, woolly hats, coats, fluffy socks and jumpers. I'd been desperately waiting for the cold weather to come so I could wear my new jacket. It's safe to say I had my woolly things on as soon as the cold weather hit.
4) Darker nights - I'm sure not all people will agree with me on this one but there's just something that makes me feel cosy when it gets dark at 4:30. I'm more of an inside kind of person most of the time so I love curling up with a TV series or a book when it's nice and dark outside.
5) Light, crisp mornings - I love getting up early (especially on my days off). It makes me feel much more productive and I generally like early mornings more than late nights. It's such a nice feeling getting up to see a frosty morning glistening white.
And those are my favourite things about winter and the sole reasons why I love it so much.
Are you as much of a lover of winter as I am? Or are you a summer person? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow for day 3 of blogmas!